Re: two graphics cards and two monitors

On 01/10/2017 11:19 AM, Teemu Likonen wrote:
Dan Ritter [2017-01-10 10:56:21-05] wrote:

If you are using open drivers, `xrandr` should be able to list the
available outputs and modes and change between them.

If you are using proprietary NVidia drivers, "nvidia-settings" should
be able to work for you.

xrandr should work nicely with proprietary Nvidia drivers too. I've two
different Nvidia Geforce cards (one several years old and one new).
xrandr sees all monitor outputs, so configuring card for two monitors is
just a single xrandr command. I never had the two Nvidia cards connected
simultaneously, though. Just a single card with two monitors.

I am running two identical older nvidia GT-520 cards at once, to drive four monitors, using the nvidia driver and nvidia-settings to set the placement of the displays and create the xorg.conf file. You might have to disable the onboard video chipset though. No need to waste cycles dealing with something you won't use. It's sweeeet. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html