Re: hotpluggable member of a bridge

Le 08/01/2017 à 17:15, Reco a écrit :

Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

Actually I had in mind the behaviour of Linux bridge, not openvswitch. I
have no knowledge nor experience with openvswitch. However, I can see
that the openvswitch package adds a script in /etc/network/if-pre-up.d,
so it is likely that the interface is bridged before it is brought up.

Seems to be the case with openvswitch indeed. I conclude that from
(failed) experiment involving openvswitch bridge, hostapd, wireless
interface and a plain ethernet one. hostapd was unoperational unless I
forced the bugger to start up first, and add an interface to the
bridge second.

That reminds me of my own experiments with hostapd and the Linux bridge.
Hostapd needed an extra parameter to declare the bridge, and the Linux bridge refused to add the wireless interface until the interface mode was changed to master mode (AP), so hostapd had to be started first.