Re: hotpluggable member of a bridge

Le 05/01/2017 à 22:36, Reco a écrit :

Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

Bridged interfaces retain their MACs, so they would get different IPv6
ULAs, which are provided by radvd from the different host.

Not if they are bridged before they are brought UP

I'm not that familiar with openvswitch to make claims about the order
in which an interface brought up and bridged.

If you have such knowledge then feel free to share it with the list
please.

Actually I had in mind the behaviour of Linux bridge, not openvswitch. I have no knowledge nor experience with openvswitch. However, I can see that the openvswitch package adds a script in /etc/network/if-pre-up.d, so it is likely that the interface is bridged before it is brought up.