Re: More info, still urgent :-) [was: Re: Urgent help needed - Debian boot hangs]

On Sunday 08 January 2017 09:56:34 hans@hanswkraus.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've found a monitor which was able to display the Grub menu. In the
> "Advanced options for Debian GNU/Linux" I found the entries:
>
> Debian GNU/Linux with Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64
> Debian GNU/Linux with Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (sysvinit)
> Debian GNU/Linux with Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (recovery mode)
> Debian GNU/Linux with Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64
> Debian GNU/Linux with Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 (sysvinit)
> Debian GNU/Linux with Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 (recovery mode)
>
> Each of them insists on starting the network. Is there any remedy?

sysvinit should start without the network eventually if there is a problem
with the network (after a short delay), and recovery mode ought not to start
the network. So are you quite sure that they all insist on starting the
network?  By which I take it that you still mean that it won't start without
it.

Lisi