Re: Monitor switched off after resume from hibernation

On Friday, January 6, 2017 1:49:59 PM CET Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> I would set it not to suspend. That causes the setting of monitor
> off/on to be stored in RAM. When it then hibernates, that reminder to
> turn the monitor back on is lost.

So are you saying the behaviour I see is normal? Does it always happen? Do you
experience this? Such behaviour doesn't seem correct to me. Why doesn't that
reminder get saved to disk, when the system hibernate, like everything else?

The sequence turn off screen -> suspend -> hibernate would seem pretty
standard to me. Basically you are saying that I should hibernate as the first
power management step, which I would consider overkill, after just e.g. 5
minutes inactivity.