Re: Urgent help needed - Debian boot hangs

Am 06.01.2017 21:12, schrieb Michael Biebl:

Am 06.01.2017 um 20:17 schrieb hans@hanswkraus.com:
I get now the Boot menu, but I don't see the DVD drive.

Any more tips for me? Since it's a bit late I will wait until tomorrow.

If you can get into the grub menu, then go to the advanced options menu
and select the recovery mode option.
This will boot into a rescue shell where ifupdown is not started.

I assume you have a dead lock in one of your if-up.d hooks in
/etc/network/if-up.d/

You could disable them one by one to find out which one it is.

Hi Michael,

I'm entering the grub menu only per guess. Both monitors I tried displayed 'out of range'
btw. something similar. Is there a failsafe recipe for keypresses after the beep to go to
the advanced options menu?

I'm somewhat hesitating to buy a new monitor to only cope with that problem.

Kind regards,
Hans

PS: I connected an external BluRay drive and see this in the BIOS boot menu. Which
image should I burn to a DVD and what options should I select for starting?