Re: Monitor switched off after resume from hibernation

On Fri 06 Jan 2017 at 16:09:43 (+1100), Keith Bainbridge wrote:
> Please see below
>
> Keith Bainbridge
>
> 0447667468
>
> keithrbaugroups@gmail.com
>
> Sent from my APad
>
> On 6 Jan 2017 12:58, "David Wright" <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On Fri 06 Jan 2017 at 11:11:45 (+1100), Keith Bainbridge wrote:
> > Ummm, why turn the monitor off first?
>
> Perhaps because Davide doesn't want to wait 30 mins¹ before
> closing the lid and finding out if the problem still recurs.
>

> Not my case.

I wasn't suggesting it was. I was merely answering your question
with a likely scenario. It seemed a reasonable action at the time,
bearing in mind that the OP was probably slumbering at 2:50 am.

> The book simply suspends when the lid is closed.

I think we got that.

Later you wrote "I don't know how much more power you are saving
with hibernate."

AIUI you save 100% "more power" with hibernate; the machine is
powered off.

Cheers,
David.