Re: Upgrade Wheezy to Jessie - gave up waiting for root device

On 01/06/2017 08:38 AM, Steven Kauffmann wrote:

I'm busy with an upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie. I didn't had any issue during the upgrade so far, but I cannot boot into the new kernel (3.16.0-4-amd64).

<snip>
Any idea how to solve this?

I had a similar problem. I upgraded from Wheezy to Jessie and got an unbootable system. What the specific error was I do not know, as all I got was blank screen.

I solved it by burning and using a Jessie install disc. You might consider that if all else fails and you have a good backup of your home directory and other critical files. Since the Wheezy was a fresh install for me, using a disc I already had, it didn't matter.