Re: Monitor switched off after resume from hibernation

On Friday, January 6, 2017 11:11:45 AM CET Keith Bainbridge wrote:
> Ummm, why turn the monitor off first?

I use KDE's power management tool to e.g. dim the screen after 5 minutes,
switch the screen off after 10 mins, suspend to RAM after 20 mins, and
hibernate to disk when I close the lid.

If I leave the computer inactive for more than 10 minutes and then I close the
lid, the system will hibernate. When I resume it, the monitor will be switched
off at the end of the resume process.

> I use suspend rather than hibernate, on a macbook 4,1 and just close the
> lid.

Yes, but I'd rather take advantage of all the energy saving options that are
available. Booting up is so quick on a MacBookPro 12,1 that you may well use
hibernate rather than suspend, and resume the system in few seconds.