Re: hotpluggable member of a bridge

>> Interesting.  Any hint how?
> It would be too long to explain here, but this page seems to cover the
> basics of what you need:
> http://packetpushers.net/udev/

I don't see any mechanism in there that will bring up an interface or
add it to a bridge, nor bring up the bridge.

As I said, I already have something working using `manual`.  It looks
like:

    allow-hotplug usb0
    iface usb0 inet manual
            post-up brctl addif br0 $IFACE; ifconfig $IFACE up
            pre-down ifconfig $IFACE down; brctl delif br0 $IFACE

and I think I can fairly easily spice it up to bring `br0` up on demand
(tho creating `br0` eagerly is fine as well.  The "ondemand" part is
mostly about the need to re-start the DHCP client when `usb0` gets added
to `br0`).

But what I'm looking for is a way to do that without writing it as
a script (IOW a more declarative way to do it).

        Stefan