ERROR! - was [Re: Quirks noted with install on new machine]

On 12/28/2016 10:09 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 12/28/2016 4:53 PM, Brian wrote:
On Wed 28 Dec 2016 at 04:48:41 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

There is a separate issue with default font sizes that I've
noticed before,
but am now motivated to address. Default fonts are annoyingly
small. I know
how to adjust them on a per user per font basis in Mate's
"Appearance
Preferences" menu. As there will ever be exactly one human
seeing this
machine, where can change the default setting from "10" to
"16" system wide
[preferably by preseeding]? If it would also change the font
size of the
User login screen that would be much appreciated.

When you adjust the fonts to your liking the config will be
stored in
a file in your home directory. Locate the file and copy it to
your USB
stick. Have a late_command in your preseed file transfer the
file to a
home directory on /target.

Found the file. If I do as you say, will it automatically be used
for any "user" I create in the future?

I *HAD* found *A* configuration file named "MATE Terminal" in both
/home/richard/Desktop/ and /root/Desktop/.
I had *ASSUMED* that was the file to which Brian had referred.

It is evidently not.
I have done a fresh install of Jessie with MATE Desktop using the installer's defaults rather than my minimal install via preseeding.

I have adjusted the font sizes used by richard and root. No file titled "MATE Terminal" appears in either /Desktop directory.

More investigation needed.