Re: debugging KVM connections

I've had a similar problem after an xorg update on a VM running with the QXL video display.   I downgrade the xorg packages and all is well.  If you are not running X then this may not help you.  You might try another video display like VMVGA.

Have you tried ssh into the VM after the viewer closes?

...Bob