SOLVED Re: Preventing ACL on cdrom drive...

On Wed, 2016-12-28 at 13:42 +0100, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Le 28/12/2016 à 11:19, Nimrod a écrit :

>> I guess I have to specify suitable permission in the above file. I
>> tried with:
>>
>> ENV{ID_FS_USAGE}=="filesystem|other|crypto",
>> ENV{UDISKS_FILESYSTEM_SHARED}="1", GROUP="users", MODE="0660"
>>
>> (on a single line), but it seems that GROUP and MODE are simply
>> ignored.
>
> Sorry, I'm wrong again: the above line actually sets suitable permission
> on /dev/sr0.

Anyway I do not think that it helps.

> So the problem is at mount point  level. The cdrom is
> mounted under /media/CDROM, but whatever permission I give to /media the
> CDROM subdirectory is owned by user 1000 and nobody can umount it except
> user 1000 (that's me, but if another user mount it, "eject" prompts me
> with my own credentials in order to actually eject the CDROM).

AFAIK, the ability for anyone to unmount the filesystem is not related
to the permissions on the mount point but to the "users" mount option.

> I didn't find any way to mount /media/CDROM avoiding this annoying
> behaviour.

Mount with a line in /etc/fstab with options noauto,users.
Well, actually that worked, but I was looking for a completely "udev" solution. Nevertheless, I'm happy with this solution too, so I marked the thread as solved.

Thanks and happy new year to everybody!