Re: jessie: ALSA fails on first use after reboot

D. R. Evans wrote on 12/28/2016 04:18 PM:
> I have a 32-bit system running jessie that gives the following error the
> first time that I try to use ALSA following a reboot: ERROR: Cannot open
> audio device: hw:0,0 error number -16 Device or resource busy
>
> It doesn't seem to matter how long I wait following a reboot, the above
> error always occurs on the first use. If I run the same program again, even
> if I do so immediately, the error goes away and everything is fine.
>
> Is there some way to find out what process is using ALSA when
> snd_pcm_open() returns that error? (If indeed there is such a process.)

I saw no replies to the query above.

It's not a huge problem, since it's easy enough just to ignore the error and
run the program a second time, which (so far) always succeeds.

Still, if anyone has any suggestions as to how to discover what is going on,
I'd appreciate it. I'm not a great fan of mysterious happenings on my computers.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR