Re: Do have programs have poor documentation? (was ... Re: Why? -- "A Modest Proposal")

Lisi Reisz schreef op 01-01-2017 13:00:
On Sunday 01 January 2017 11:52:20 Xen wrote:
Lisi Reisz schreef op 31-12-2016 10:30:
> Which make me bad at writing?
>
> Lisi

Refusing to write good documentation on purpose.

"%(&_++**!&

And what is that supposed to mean? You are really acting like a child now.

The fact is that you want Linux to remain for experts only. Catherine almost literally expressed such a sentiment. That the "noobs" have to leave their "noobish mindsets" behind if they want to use Linux. Nuf said?

Yes and I make a fool of myself here but I was late to the party in any case. That stuff happens, then.

Which you probably don't realize but if you respond to a thread you don't have the messages of, bad stuff always happens ;-). You just lack the basis to participate in full and your arguments will be as a consequence always lacking.

So call me a lackey then here.

Catherine's only argument is in the end that the system was designed to be a reference only. Is what she says. I don't even know if it is true. But that is in the past, and the past should never be allowed, or be able to, in any sense, to preclude the possibility and right to improve.

A decision in the past should never mandate a decision in the future, or in the present. Citing the past as the reason for not changing a thing is just defunct.

That means you HAVE no arguments for not changing a thing because the past it is not an argument, it is just a truth, a fact of life.

It was designed in a certain way in the past. So what? We are in the present now. We create the future. We cannot be shackled by the past, ever.

That is the whole point of proposing something new.

If your only response to a NEW thing is the status quo of an OLD thing, then sorry, you have no arguments left.