Re: productivity tips

On 01/01/17 13:36, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
Hi.. I can't remember if it was this year or last so we can pretend it
was this year that I stumbled upon the concept of "mindmapping" (mind
mapping). I just ran a quick "apt-cache search" on it and didn't see
much available when you use a single repository for Sid's packages. I
"endure"... some ongoing "circumstances" where that would have been
hugely beneficial for connecting the dots had I learned of the concept
five or six years ago.
No, I'm not using the concept this second, but FreeMind was one I did
specifically test drive a while back. Am not finding it under Sid just
this sec so not sure the where or how from the time I did download it.

+1 for mind mapping and FreeMind in particular. I use it to organise just about everything. To-do lists become trees and searching goes from O(n) to O(log(n)).

I must have installed freemind before jessie was released; I am on unstable and am surprised to confirm that freemind has been removed from unstable and replaced with freeplane:
https://packages.qa.debian.org/f/freemind/news/20151218T134002Z.html

Thanks, Cindy, for bringing this to my attention.

freemind from jessie works fine on unstable. I never noticed its removal. I may try freeplane; I will add an item to my to-do mind map :-)
https://www.freeplane.org/wiki/index.php/Relationship_to_FreeMind
https://www.freeplane.org/wiki/index.php/Freeplane_features_you_were_missing_in_FreeMind#Migrating_from_FreeMind_to_Freeplane

Kind regards,

--