Re: SUCESS!!! - was [Re: Progress report Re: Invoking ddrescue]

Your timing was good. I woke up this morning asking myself, "How do I read the recovered data?" ;/ However, Murphy's Law rules. Something died in my laptop dedicated to this experiment and systemd complains about the drive. There other strange symptoms so I decided to reinstall Debian [yes brute force approach but no data on that hardware]. The drive with the recovered data is readable on another machine. Now to troubleshoot the failed laptop.
[snip instructions for reading recovered data]