Re: Gparted will not label an existing FAT32 partition

On Saturday 12 November 2016 15:45:28 Brian wrote:
> The behaviour of your aptitude is presumably because you have adjusted
> the default behaviour in some way. The new behaviour is not a bug.

No, I haven't.  This is a temporary machine, which I have not been using long.
I have adjusted very little.  I don't remember claiming that anything was a
bug.

> Also, a default Debian doesn't have aptitude but apt-get. which installs
> recommended packages by default.

Varies with time.  Sometimes it is there and sometimes it isn't.  When
aptitude isn't there, I install it.  But I don't configure it.

So, after some exploring (aptitude show and aptitude search), in this
installation (Jessie, 8.6 - I installed Jessie 8.5) aptitude was *not*
automatically installed and the recommends of aptitude *were* automatically
installed.  I must watch for next time I have to install/not install some
recommends and see why and when.

Interesting.  Thanks.

Lisi