Re: Gparted will not label an existing FAT32 partition

On 11/11/2016 9:38 PM, Doug wrote:
/snip/
Gparted needs external software to enable some features.
According to <http://gparted.sourceforge.net/features.php>,
mtools is required to change the label on a FAT filesystem.

I wonder if there is a LIVE disk that includes the various
external software files? It would be handy to have such a disk.
If anyone knows of such, please advise.

--doug

YES there is. Goto http://gparted.org/download.php .

OK, Thanx. I have an older copy--I don't know if it has all the
supplemental
files--so I just downloaded this one and I'll burn a copy. This
program is one
of the most useful programs that one should have in his arsenal!
It is
perfectly clear as to what's going on, where, and I use it in
prep for any
new install, rather than whatever is on the install disk, since
it shows
everything on the drive, where it is, how big it is, etc., and
allows you to
move and shrink things that may make the new install fit and work
better. (You can even shrink Windows with it!)

--doug

My Live CD is rev 0.11.0 , it apparently has everything.
Jessie has 0.19.0 .
The website, I noticed, has a later rev.