Re: parted is ALMOST suitable

Le 11/11/2016 à 17:24, Brian a écrit :

As the manual says:

 CACHE_FILE=<path>
   Overrides the standard location of the cache file. This setting
   can be overridden by the environment variable BLKID_FILE. Default
   is /run/blkid/blkid.tab, or /etc/blkid.tab on systems without a
   /run directory.

In Wheezy the man page does not mention /run, and there is no /run/blkid/blkid.tab.

However note that /dev/sdb* is owned by group "floppy" and my standard user
account is a member of this group.

If you are on Jessie (and have not altered any udev rules) you have a
broken system.

This computer runs Wheezy and I did not alter udev rules. Looks like things have changed with Jessie.