Re: parted is ALMOST suitable

Le 08/11/2016 à 00:54, Brian a écrit :

When blkid is run as root it creates the file
/run/blkid/blkid.tab. A user running blkid only gets to see the contents
of blkid.tab.

That does not appear to be completely correct.
If I run blkid as a standard user after plugging a USB drive, it lists the USB drive partition, although blikd.tab was not modified.

$ /sbin/blkid | grep sdb
/dev/sdb1: LABEL="USB DISK" UUID="48DB-E077" TYPE="vfat"

$ grep sdb /etc/blkid.tab || echo not found
not found

However note that /dev/sdb* is owned by group "floppy" and my standard user account is a member of this group.