Re: xorriso: listing files+offsets in an ISO9660 image w/o RockRidge

Hi,

your mail headers do not contain "LDO_SUBSCRIBER", so i Cc: you.

Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> [xorriso] seems to always complain about missing RR records:
> [...]
> xorriso -indev disk.iso -rockridge off -error_behavior image_loading
best_effort -abort_on NEVER -find . -exec report_lba
> libisofs: SORRY : Damaged RR/SUSP information.

It is probably not about the "RR" records of Rock Ridge, but generally
about the structure of System Use Protocol and its payload Rock Ridge.
I have to investigate under which conditions this error message is
emitted.

Option -rockridge controls production of ISOs.
The command not to use Rock Ridge while reading would be

  -read_fs norock

but it was introduced only with xorriso-1.4.2.
You could try current GNU xorriso tarball
  https://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/xorriso-1.4.6.tar.gz
Its README has
    tar xzf xorriso-1.4.6.tar.gz
    cd xorriso-1.4.6
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    make
which should give you the executable binary
    ./xorriso/xorriso

(It is of course yet unclear whether -read_fs "norock" will help at all.)

Can you tell by which program you created the content of the media ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas