Re: Subject=Re: Re: Third Monitor Stopped Working

deloptes composed on 2016-11-09 08:15 (UTC+0100):

Felix Miata wrote:

What did you see in OP to suggest poster has Optimus?

I did not see the original post - I looked for it, but perhaps I missed it.

> Perhaps OP needs a recent intel driver

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ubuntu-Debian-Abandon-Intel-DDX suggests it's dying. Last official (upstream) Intel driver update was 2.99.917 23 months ago.

But maybe the modesetting driver has a problem with more than two displays. I can't recall ever seeing "No space left on device" in any Xorg.#.log before.

I now suspect the problem is that the modesetting driver is limited to 8192 X 8192, and he has 3840 + 3840 + 1920 = 9600, and that points out the "device" that is "out of space" might be the framebuffer? Maybe indeed his solution is the Intel driver's 32767 X 32767 buffer. Looks to me like moving his 1920x1200 under or over one of the other two would light it up with the modesetting driver but to keep them all side by side would indeed require the intel driver instead of the new in Stretch modesetting default.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/