Re: sound disappeared

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 02:11:14PM -0500, Anthony Baldwin wrote:
> I did
> pulseaudio --dump-modules -v > pavumods.txt
>
> and in there, I find:
> Name: module-detect
> Version: 5.0
> Author: Lennart Poettering
> Usage: just-one=<boolean>
> Load Once: yes
> DEPRECATION WARNING: Please use module-udev-detect instead of module-detect!
>
> I don't know where/how to acquire and enable module-udev-detect.\
> an aptitude search for it shows nothing, I can only assume it comes with
> some other pkg.
>
> I also find another warning:
> Name: module-combine
> Version: 5.0
> Author: Colin Guthrie
> Load Once: no
> DEPRECATION WARNING: Please use module-combine-sink instead of
> module-combine!
>
> and have the same issue, an aptitude search for module-combine produces no
> result.

apt-file search module-combine shows that both module-combine and
module-combine-sink are in the pulseaudio package, so likely already
installed.

apt-file search module-udev and apt-file search module-detect show that
they are also in the pulseaudio package.

apt-file is a really useful tool for answering questions like "what
files are in this package?", "What package is this file in?", and "Where
the hell did this file come from?"

Mark