Re: sound disappeared

On 11/08/2016 03:50 PM, Brian wrote:
On Tue 08 Nov 2016 at 21:05:50 +0100, Václav Ovsík wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 11:04:23AM -0500, Tony Baldwin wrote:
Yesterday, I was listening to music with mocp, and watching videos on YT
Without issue, and today, for no apparent reason, I've lost all sound.
I can't hear modp, smplayer, vlc, youtube, nothing.
I checked alsamixer and pavucontrol, nothing is muted.

What happened?

hmm, I have some issues with audio too. I hear no sounds of Pidgin IM
client or cutted very short clips.
I think this it is within last pulseaudio upgrade

Did you check to verify that pidgin sounds are enabled or configured to be on?
How about other applications?
Can you hear music with any music player(s), mplayer, smplayer, gnome-mplayer, vlc, xmms, rhythmbox (if that's even still around), or in a browser (i.e. on youtube, bandcamp, soundcloud, spotify, vimeo, etc.)?
What's your setup?
What, if anything, have you done so far to try and diagnose or resolve the issue?
What were the results of any such attempts?

have you ever read this?
Well, if not, you really should.
;-}

Tony