Correction - Re: parted is ALMOST suitable

On 11/8/2016 4:58 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
[snip]

Actually I now have two options, "udevadm info" and "/sbin/blkid".
From Brian's comment on bug #776905, in future releases "blkid"
may be an option.

I'll have to modify that. Brian has stated in another sub-thread:
...  When blkid is run as root it creates the file
/run/blkid/blkid.tab. A user running blkid only gets to see the contents
of blkid.tab. There is no change to blkid.tab unless the command is run
by root again. This makes /sbin/blkid useless as a user command for the
purposes discussed in this thread.