Re: parted is ALMOST suitable

On 11/7/2016 8:36 PM, Michael Lange wrote:
On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 23:48:53 +0000
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

Speaking as a Jessie user, changing to root and using lsblk -f is
quicker and easier!

Sure, but the OP said that's not an option.
I think that the command Brian suggested:

  udevadm info --query=property --name=/dev/sda1 | grep ID_FS_TYPE

used with every partition that is returned by

   cat /proc/partitions

might be a good option for the OP.

Regards

Michael

Actually I now have two options, "udevadm info" and "/sbin/blkid".
From Brian's comment on bug #776905, in future releases "blkid"
may be an option.