Re: Installing Gutenprint

On 11/06/2016 06:41 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Saturday 22 October 2016 20:51:28 Stefan Monnier wrote:
I am an 86 year old Photoshop Guru and having trouble printing from PS
in OS 10.12.
So I found Gutenprint and downloaded the latest version for my Epson
4880. But what do I do now?

First things first: install Debian.

Sorry:  coming to this late.  Hopefully you have already solved it.

If you don't want to install Debian, and not everyone does, then you need to
ask the support list for whatever OS you are using.  It is obviously not
Debian.

Lisi

Once you have Debian installed, it is (or should be) as simple as opening a terminal and typing
sudo aptitude install printer-driver-gutenprint
and aptitude will take care of it from there.
(and people say linux is hard...good luck if you stick with a proprietary os, I haven't used a MAC since OSX was brand new,
but I don't remember anything being this simple.

./Tony

--
http://tonybaldwin.me
all tony, all the time