Re: reportbug and GMail SMTP servers

On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 06:22:56PM +0200, Sophoklis Goumas wrote:
> On 5 November 2016 at 17:47, Henning Follmann <hfollmann@itcfollmann.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 04:42:55PM +0200, Sophoklis Goumas wrote:
> > What's not to understand. You do not authenticate properly.
> >

> Well, some useful feedback to it would be if someone just using those
> configurations options I've showcased (or others) can authenticate succesfuly.
>

> > Why is that a debian issue? (It is not)
> >

> Did I claim this is a debian issue?
> I was asking for some help on resolving this as I'm inputting my
> password correctly
> hoping to fix my issue and correct/update the relevant information on
> debian's wiki:
> https://wiki.debian.org/reportbug#Using_GMail.27s_SMTP_Server

Hello,

well this is an Debian mailing list, and in general debian related issues
are discussed here.

However...
So you said that you were able to relay mails axacly this way and now it's
not working anymore?
Because it looks like you did not send this e-mail this way. So I suspect
that your mail system is not properly configured.

So anyone can help you it would help if you provide a little more useful
information.
What MTA are you using? (Exim, Postfix...)
Have you ever sent a mail via this successfully?

BTW. I still think that setting up mail is one of the most problematic
issues when it comes to system administration. 100 ways to do it 1000 ways
to get it wrong.

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com