Re: list installed packages present only in stable

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 10:58:32AM +0100, steve wrote:

> >I'm with Kamaraju on this, zero output. I also tried quoting the search
> >string in case bash was interfering, made no difference.
>
> That's really strange. This works on all my Debian Jessie boxes but not
> on my raspbian's one.

Ah -- false alarm at least on my machine, sorry for the confusion. I was
getting zero output when I tried this the other day, but I had forgotten
that at that time I had previously had a failed run of aptitude update
due to network dodginess (if you'll pardon the technical term) on
Wednesday night Asia time -- BTW was there another DNS DDoS attack then?
Everything went horribly Pete Tong on Wednesday evening and I couldn't
find anything wrong locally, and everything was fine again by yesterday
morning.

However, I had forgotten that I had run aptitude update and failed while
the network was bejiggered. So Aptitude's notion of what it had going on
was in a mess. Once I realised this I re-ran aptitude update and now,
aptitude search ~Ajessie~i produces results.

Mark