Re: list installed packages present only in stable

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 6:45 AM, steve <dlist@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Hi Kamaraju,
>
> Le 23-10-2016, à 20:48:46 -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi a écrit :
>
>> How can I list all the packages installed on my system that are
>> currently part of the stable distribution but not present in either
>> testing or sid?
>

> does
>
> aptitude search ~Ajessie~i
>
> meet your needs?

No, it does not. When I ran that command it did not produce any
output. What is it supposed to do?

I now believe that aptitude, apt-get cannot do what I am looking for
unless the /etc/apt/sources.list is modified accordingly. But updating
/etc/apt/sources.list is not the "correct" way to address my ask.

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog