Re: new pc and swap

Le 01/11/2016 à 09:25, Richard Hector a écrit :
On 01/11/16 19:04, Johann Spies wrote:
LVM has bitten me more than once in the past and I will not use it
again.  In both situations it spanned more than one disk and one of the
disks failed - leaving you with unrecoverable data.

I don't think I've ever used it like that, and probably wouldn't. At
least not unless the underlying devices were RAID1 or similar.

Indeed it is highly recommended to use some redundancy (external with physical or software mdadm RAID, or internal within LVM) when spanning LVM over multiple disks.

Spanning devices seems to me to be more or less the same as RAID0
(striping), and just as risky

The default is to concatenate PVs like RAID "linear" (JBOD), although LVM can do striping too.