Re: terminate unwanted bug mail how?

Sven Joachim composed on 2016-10-31 19:41 (UTC+0100):

On 2016-10-31 14:30 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

I added subscriptions to these debian mailing lists in recent weeks:
debian-boot-request@lists.debian.org
debian-testing-request@lists.debian.org
debian-multimedia-request@lists.debian.org

Now I'm getting lots of bug mail with large attachments, so I want to
unsubscribe from only whichever list is causing this bug mail. NAICT
the unwanted mails only report from owner@bugs.debian.org. If there's
anything in the complete message headers to have triggered their being
sent to me, I'm not seeing it.

They are sent to the lists because those are the "Maintainers" of
packages and thus receive mail from the Debian BTS.

Can anyone tell what I should be
looking for or where to go to get these stopped please?

The easiest way is to unsubscribe at least from debian-boot since this
list receives a lot of bug mails as you can see for yourself[1].

Lots of mails doesn't bother me. It's the sizes that do, 40k, 60k, 90k seem to be routine. It seems they are noticeably slowing down my email program's handling of its mbox files.

1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2016/10/

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/