Re: [OT] Sorry state of hplip (was: [SOLVED] Re: [jessie] recording line-in using ALSA?)

On Mon 31 Oct 2016 at 17:11:34 +0300, Reco wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 05:15:51PM +0000, Brian wrote:
>
> > Pass on the rest because packaging is not something I know much about,
> > so I'm most likely to rely on the expertise of the maintainers. The
> > changelog might give you some clue as to what is going on.
>
> You could save us both time by providing this magical 'rely on the
> expertise of the maintainers' advice from the beginning.

It is obvious you think there are many, many things wrong with the
packaging of HPLIP and we are not getting very far with a solution by
bouncing ideas off one another. If I felt as strongly about a package as
you do (and knew something about the subject) I would likely initiate
bug reports to attempt to improve the situation for all users.

I think I'm done here.

--
Brian.