Re: Alternative to Adobe Reader, anyone?

On 10/31/2016 01:32 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Monday 31 October 2016 11:57:45 Daniel Bareiro wrote:
Hi, Lisi.

On 31/10/16 08:07, Lisi Reisz wrote:
"fit to page" function depends on printer driver settings, not printer
software.
You may change your cups/printer settings:
http://localhost:631/

Where?  In which section can you make the change you suggest?  I remember
and have set a setting for turning pages if necessary, but not one for
fitting to printable area.

Maybe it is a "lpr" option:

https://www.cups.org/doc/options.html

(See "Scaling to Fit")

Thanks!  That is helpful.  If I hit the problem I'll look into doing it that
way.  Evince worked last time I needed it to do so, and people are saying
that it still does.

Lisi

It depends on many paramaters, for example, postcript printer or not postscript. In my case, postscript printer, with applications like evince, firefox, etc..., printing works same way with CTRL+P, then choose -> page handling -> 'fit to printable area' or 'shrink...' or 'none...'. I think it is the same for non postscript.
--
Maderios