Re: [OT] Sorry state of hplip (was: [SOLVED] Re: [jessie] recording line-in using ALSA?)

Reco wrote:

> 1) Python as a dependency, again. Wait, haven't we install one already
> with 'hplip-data'? Some python modules too, yet the package does not
> contain a single python script (see pt 6).

IMO python should be banned from real development.
I dislike the new KDE most of all because they relay on python too much.
Open source - no any kind of standard ... and this is the fastest way to
make something bad out of pretty every idea.

Also your other points are really good. Especially KDE dependencies ... you
end up installing all kind of unwanted/unnecessary software. I was
wondering at some point of time ... are those developers based in Peru,
where c***in is legal and they take  too much ... unbelievable. Also they
got ressistent to any opposite opinion ... much like the so called
democrats in the US. I'm just wondering what's going on with the people on
this world ... and come to the conclusion that a lot of them are crazy -
literally - psychopats, sociopaths and any kind of ***paths. Perhaps I'm
getting old, but this can't be the only reason, as others feel/think the
same as I do ... so Reco, don't worry - the only way is to patiently push
your ideas or find people like you and work together.
We can not stop the wave of idiocracy that takes over via face book, twitter
and all of the kind unnecessary gossip channels.
What I do is trying to make things work for me and perhaps help this way
others, which is the basic of open source contributions.
I however do not expect that this nonsense will stop. I expect the opposite
looking at the 20-30y old. In 10y the mess will be complete.

regards