Re: WiFi works during install, not after

On Saturday 29 October 2016 20:17:03 Brian wrote:
> On Sat 29 Oct 2016 at 17:26:38 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> > > Quibble: not "ignore". Fail to understand the question. Functionally
> > > thea
>
> What was there not to understand. To quote:
>   > Did you install a desktop *during* the installation?
>
> The "during" is highlighted. It's an easy enough question to answer. How
> many mails was it before we got a definitive answer?
>
> > > same, intentionality different.
> > >
> > > Yes, during installation.
>
> Not that it will alter the OP's point of view: the functionality of
> installing Xfce from the installer is not the same as installing from a
> running system.
>
> > Right, so that is not the problem.  I'm afraid I stand by my ignore - you
> > clearly do understand "during", so you were ignoring it!! ;-)
> >
> > Did you install the laptop stuff during installation?  If not, try
> > rerunning tasksel (it is a command that is available and seems not to
> > require root) and making sure that you have got the laptop stuff as well
> > as the desktop stuff. I don't know what you do about the fact that you
> > have not at this moment got running wi-fi, which you did have last time
> > you ran tasksel, but run it anyway and see if it helps.
>
> Running tasksel will not repeat or replicate the d-i environment.

No, but there might be a/some package(s) missing that is/are crucial to wi-fi,
that a running of tasksel would install.  I should have thought that it was
worth a try.

You know that I am no wi-fi guru, but packages that are crucial to wi-fi are
bound to be included in a collection of software tailored for laptops.

Lisi