Re: WiFi works during install, not after

On Sat 29 Oct 2016 at 15:21:57 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 October 2016 18:24:04 Carl Fink wrote:
> > Thanks.
> >
> > I actually remember seeing it now that you remind me.
> >
> > Define "desktop". I set up Xfce4.
>
> But did you do so DURING INSTALLATION?  So the complete question, which you
> have still not answered in its entirety, was:
> "Did you install a desktop during the installation?"
>
> Desktop is as defined in tasksel during the installation.  (Tasksel uses the
> actual word "desktop")
>
> The "during", which you have continued to ignore, is important and could be
> the crux of your problem.

I got distracted by "Define "desktop"" so based my response on the
assumption Xfce was installed with tasksel. You are correct though, what
was done would be central to having connectivity *after* the install.

As I have said, if Xfce was brought in as part of the install then
/e/n/i is copied over to the new installation. If it was not then
/e/n/i is not copied over and it is left to the user to set up
networking with a chosen application.

--
Brian.