Re: EUREKA!!!! - was [Re: Permissions for an entire PARTITION]

	Hi.

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 18:34:10 -0500
Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> On 10/28/2016 5:17 PM, Brian wrote:
> > On Fri 28 Oct 2016 at 15:42:27 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> >
> >> Be aware sir that you are the cause of:
> >>     multiple renditions of the "Alleluia Chorus" [courtesy Handle] at >
> >> 10^^Bels
> >>     an "innocent"[snicker] senior citizen is about to have many sleepless
> >> nights
> >>     multiple nay-sayers will suffer "EGG ON FACE"  *ROFL* !!!!!

> >> Just in case you have not perceived this quiet discrete message:
> >>    I have not come across pmount before
> >
> > Yes you have. It is on the wiki page
> >
> >   https://wiki.debian.org/Installation+Archive+USBStick
> >
> > You read this page about a week or so ago (you told us so) but seemed
> > more concerned about its style rather than its substance.
> >

> *BULL*
> Said page may have included the string "pmount".
>
> But it gave no useful info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno ;). Quoting the page, this:

Installing GRUB on the USB Stick
Install pmount, udevil or udisks2 and use one of the following commands
to mount the primary partition. The mount point for pmount
is /media/ARCHIVE. ...

pmount /dev/disk/by-label/ARCHIVE ARCHIVE

seems like a useful info to me about mounting certain USB stick to a
directory with pmount.

Reco