Re: dependencies problem to install lightworks on jessie

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 07:19:47PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> 4. There is a way to get your error mesaages in English but I have
>    forgotten how. Someone will be along in a while to explain how it
>    is done.

If you're working from a command shell, you can do:

export LC_ALL=C

and then the rest of your commands should all produce output in the
"C" locale (traditional US English, ASCII characters only).

If you're working with a GUI, then all bets are off.  You might be able
to restart the GUI application with the locale variables set differently,
but if it's something like a display manager invoked directly from
/sbin/init then it could become difficult.  Or, the GUI application may
have its own internal language selection.