Re: dependencies problem to install lightworks on jessie

I did not respond to your post because it seemed like too much trouble
to get information from you. Fortunately for you Lisi (bless her heart)
did not ignore it.

e Lpe, you are now going to get a lecture. Sit back and enjoy it. :)

On Fri 28 Oct 2016 at 13:10:18 -0400, e Lpe wrote:

> " What have you tried?"
>
> nothing yet. The missings dependencies are here : http://dpaste.com/2BVN1S6
> I think i can dowload it from debian website and install tem with dpkg but
> I affraid to brake my system

> > On Friday 28 October 2016 02:13:44 e Lpe wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > all is in the title.
> > > I can't install Lightworks on Jessie.
> > >
> > > What is the right way to install it ?
> >
> > What have you tried?

The lecture starts here.
------------------------

1. In your first mail you said:

   > all is in the title.

   The title is for a brief description of the problem. *Never* rely on
   it (as you have done) to substitute for a good, clear expression of
   the issue. Like this:

      I downloaded www from xxxx and tried to install www with
      'dpkg -i www'. But then I got yyy. Help!

   Of course, all of that may be incorrect. So you put in your own words.

2. Point 2 is that in the response to Lisi you gave a dpaste URL. The
   amount of information is so little it could easily be posted directly
   in your response. It makes people do something extra to help you.
   This could put them off responding. Don't use these paste thingies.
   Post everything here.

3. Here is a guessed solution to your problem. I hate guessing. Please
   post again with more detail if it does not fit what you want to do.

        Install:

	dpkg -i filename.deb

	apt-get -f install

   This cannot break your system.

4. There is a way to get your error mesaages in English but I have
   forgotten how. Someone will be along in a while to explain how it
   is done.

--
Brian.