Re: resolvconf troubles

On Fri 28 Oct 2016 at 15:15:36 (+0100), Brian wrote:
> On Fri 28 Oct 2016 at 16:10:31 +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> > > On the whole I would never argue about what a user chose to have on his
> > > or her machine for networking. My own preference is for ifupdown or
> > > connman, However, the many thousands of happy users of N-M are highly
> > > likely to ignore advice to remove it based on some dim recollection from
> > > ten years ago.
> >
> > Hm. I didn't take any of the mails in this thread as advising any of
> > the "many thousands of happy users of N-M" to remove anything.
> >
> > Whatever floats your boat.
>
> This is not a quote from a private mail:
>
>  > At high risk of starting another flame war about network-manager, nuke
>  > that puppy with extreme prejudice.

And, tomas, don't overlook potential factoids such as these:

"Now this of course isn't going to work if you are carrying a lappy
and expecting to tap the wifi at any Starbucks you pull into.  Then
you are truly at the mercy of network-mangler, which might work but
usually doesn't."

and

"I have indeed used wicd, 3 or 4 times, []. But the last time I tried
it on a ubu 10-04 lts install, it had apparently been re-written, and
totally emasculated."

Cheers,
David.