Re: bootable USB drive creation

On 10/26/2016 1:57 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
I need to boot into a hard drive diagnostic tool which is provided only as
an ISO image by the manufacturer.  Since my laptop does not have a CD drive,
I hoped I could use a USB flash drive to run this tool from.

I would try `grub-imageboot`: put the .iso into /boot/images/ then
update-grub, then boot and select the iso image from the menu.

It works at least on my Thinkpad T61 to boot into the BIOS-update
ISO images distributed by the manufacturer.

         Stefan

I have a nominally different problem. I did a Google search for grub-imageboot.
The hits I read were intriguing but but not complete.
My life might be simpler if I could put Grub2 and *several* ISO's on a single USB flash drive. I believe all the ISO's are iso-hybrid.