Re: Reconfiguring grub2 UFEI system **SOLVED**

On Sunday, 10/23/16 10:05:43 AM Laruibasar wrote:
> Em sábado, 22 de Outubro de 2016 22:17:35 WEST, Mark Neidorff
>
> <mark@neidorff.com> escreveu:
> >>
> >> used gparted to

> >> partitions to fill

> >> Are you talking about entries in GRUB's menu or in the UEFI boot menu ?
> >
> > Grub menu.  (I don't see a UEFI menu)
> >
> >> update-grub only updates the former.
> >
> > Good.
> >
> >> What is the output of "os-prober" ?
> >
> > No output. (yes, I ran it as root)
> >
> >> Are you sure the GRUB that shows up is the one from Debian ?
> >
> > I'm not sure how to answer that question.  The first OS I installed was
> > OpenSUSE.  Then I installed Debian 8.6 twice (on the two
> > separate drives in
> > the system).  All three of these entries are still there even
> > after running
> > update-grub.
>
> Have you mounted the EFI partition? Update-grub change grub, I don't think
> it changes the FIE partitions. And check motherboard bios/uefi for the
> default entry
>
> > I wouldn't care about the extra entries except that the
> > OpenSUSE entry is the
> > default.  I want  Debian to be the default (and, yes there is only one
> > instance of Debian installed).  Yes I tried changing the value
> > of the default
> > before I ran update-grub, but that didn't help.
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> >
> > Mark
>
> Bandarra

I went into the UEFI bios, and changed the default entry.  Now I get the
correct Debian grub boot screen without the extra entries.  Once I get the
rest of this system configured, I'm going to have to go back and really
understand what goes on in the UEFI.

I'm marking this as SOLVED.

Many thanks for the help.

Mark