Re: Stretch System Stops Boot Process Immediately After Grub Screen

On 10/23/2016 01:21 PM, Børge Holen wrote:
I have to use the nomodeset from time to time where the f*** gfx card has
unresolved issues with itself. Atleast it lets me boot to a prompt. Now
thinking of it, I have no blinking cursor, I just get a black screen... So
different issue all together and I am just rambling on

Yes, I think this is a different issue.

Once the grub screen disappears there is no disk access at all. I just get the blinking underline cursor in the top left corner of the screen.

Using nomodeset, nosplash/splash=0, removing quiet -- none of these changes to the boot line of grub in any combination results in any change. The system simply stops accessing its hard drive and I get the black screen with the blinking underline cursor. Since a touch on the power button results in a system beep and immediate powerdown, I'm thinking it's possible that the system has not even started to load the kernel.

When I have time to make some live images, I'll test to see what's going on.

Regards,
JP