Re: Reconfiguring grub2 UFEI system

Em sábado, 22 de Outubro de 2016 22:17:35 WEST, Mark Neidorff <mark@neidorff.com> escreveu:
On Friday, 10/21/16 10:19:47 PM Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Le 21/10/2016 à 20:56, Mark Neidorff a écrit :
> So, the next step was to clean out the other distros. I used gparted to > delete no longer needed partitions and to expand other partitions to fill
> the space.  All is now good.
> > I then ran > > #update-grub > > hoping that would regenerate the grub boot menu, (I also tried
> #update-grub2) but the old entries still appear when the system boots.

Are you talking about entries in GRUB's menu or in the UEFI boot menu ?

Grub menu.  (I don't see a UEFI menu)

update-grub only updates the former.

Good.

What is the output of "os-prober" ?

No output. (yes, I ran it as root)

Are you sure the GRUB that shows up is the one from Debian ?

I'm not sure how to answer that question. The first OS I installed was OpenSUSE. Then I installed Debian 8.6 twice (on the two separate drives in the system). All three of these entries are still there even after running update-grub.

Have you mounted the EFI partition? Update-grub change grub, I don't think it changes the FIE partitions. And check motherboard bios/uefi for the default entry

I wouldn't care about the extra entries except that the OpenSUSE entry is the default. I want Debian to be the default (and, yes there is only one instance of Debian installed). Yes I tried changing the value of the default before I ran update-grub, but that didn't help.

Thanks for any help,

Mark

Bandarra

--
Enviado do Dekko através do meu dispositivo Ubuntu.