Re: Reconfiguring grub2 UFEI system

On Friday, 10/21/16 10:19:47 PM Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Le 21/10/2016 à 20:56, Mark Neidorff a écrit :
> > So, the next step was to clean out the other distros.  I used gparted to
> > delete no longer needed partitions and to expand other partitions to fill
> > the space.  All is now good.
> >
> > I then ran
> >
> > #update-grub
> >
> > hoping that would regenerate the grub boot menu,  (I also tried
> > #update-grub2) but the old entries still appear when the system boots.
>
> Are you talking about entries in GRUB's menu or in the UEFI boot menu ?

Grub menu.  (I don't see a UEFI menu)

> update-grub only updates the former.

Good.

> What is the output of "os-prober" ?

No output. (yes, I ran it as root)

> Are you sure the GRUB that shows up is the one from Debian ?

I'm not sure how to answer that question.  The first OS I installed was
OpenSUSE.  Then I installed Debian 8.6 twice (on the two separate drives in
the system).  All three of these entries are still there even after running
update-grub.

I wouldn't care about the extra entries except that the OpenSUSE entry is the
default.  I want  Debian to be the default (and, yes there is only one
instance of Debian installed).  Yes I tried changing the value of the default
before I ran update-grub, but that didn't help.

Thanks for any help,

Mark