Re: Will jmtpfs be able to connect the Google Nexus 5X to the debian computer?

der.hans wrote:

> Am 22. Oct, 2016 schwätzte David so:
>
> moin moin David,
>
>> Will jmtpfs be able to connect the Google Nexus 5X to the debian
>> computer?
>
> It should. jmtpfs is working for several Android devices for me. Some are
> Nexus with latest OS release, some are old devices with no support from
> the carrier and one is a device I don't allow to have network access[0].
>
>> if yes: will also the internet connection through the Nexus 5X work?
>
> I believe you don't need jmtpfs to use the USB connection for network
> access. I believe you can enable USB tethering on the device since Nexus
> should have a recent OS release.
>
> [0] Don't know if it has some sort of phone home, but it doesn't nag me
> about updates and I just pretend it's all good :)
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans

Not to forget mtp
libmtp-common - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) common files
libmtp-dbg - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) debugging symbols
libmtp-dev - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) development files
libmtp-doc - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) library documentation
libmtp-runtime - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) runtime tools
libmtp9 - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) library
mtp-tools - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) library tools