Re: Firefox lost restore previous session setting

In that case, you could try this addon. Once installed, you can go session manager > session manager options > Startup and Shutdown > change the  startup option to 'show my windows and tabs from last time'

It does seem Firefox is taking a strange direction, hopefully they come back around.