Re: Most compatible way to prepare USB stick

Working both with Debian and Windows7PRO, I routinely use the default
Debian disk utility (gnome-disks) to format and re-format all varieties of
USB drives, including flash sticks and mechanical drives by WD, Seagate,
and Toshiba.  I format to FAT or VFAT.  I have no difficulty transferring
files between Window$ and Linux; things "just work".

On a few occasions I have attempted to reformat a flash drive using
Windows7, and Windows has become hopelessly confused, unable to recognize
the device.  But Debian always has been able to recover the drive and
format it properly.

RLH